Myrtle Beach SkyWheel Fun FactsBy Ashlee Carson • February 03, 2011
This is a rendering of what the SkyWheel Myrtle Beach will look like.
Unless you live under a rock you know that Myrtle Beach will welcome a brand new attraction, SkyWheel Myrtle Beach, in May 2011. What you may not know are some of the fun facts that make the SkyWheel such a big deal.
Here’s our list of fun facts about SkyWheel Myrtle Beach:
• The R60 Giant Wheel is designed by Ronald Bussink Professional Rides in Switzerland.
• The SkyWheel Myrtle Beach will stand 200 feet above the Atlantic Ocean.
• It will be the first observation wheel of its kind in the United States and only the second in North America.
• This will be the largest wheel of any kind east of the Mississippi River.
• Each ride will last approximately eight to twelve minutes.
• 42 Swiss-manufactured, climate-controlled, enclosed gondolas are attached to the wheel.
• Up to six passengers can fit in one gondola.
• Non-reflective glass will cover each gondola for the best possible photos and videos of the panoramic view.
• One VIP gondola will have a glass floor and leather bucket seating.
• The SkyWheel Myrtle Beach is equipped with a state-of-the-art computer-generated lighting system that features more than one million LED lights.
• Every evening after sunset, a magical light show will take place with several shows nightly.
For a chance to win tickets to this amazing wheel, check out our Facebook fan page at www.Facebook.com/MyrtleBeach. Pictures of the construction and progress are on SkyWheel Myrtle Beach’s fan page at www.Facebook.com/SkyWheelMyrtleBeach.
The views from the SkyWheel Myrtle Beach will be unlike any you’ve seen on any other trip to the beach. We hope you can squeeze in a ride on your next Myrtle Beach vacation!