Things To Do
Top 5 Things To Do in Myrtle Beach in April
There are plenty of things to do in Myrtle Beach in April, and many reasons to take an early spring trip to the beach. With pleasant weather and longer days, vacations in Myrtle Beach in April are all about getting outside and exploring everything our coast has to offer. Most of the seasonal venues are open for the year, so come early to be first to see what’s new!
We’ve put together this list of our favorite activities to enjoy in April, but trust us, there are endless things to do in Myrtle Beach. Check out our 102 Things to Do in Myrtle Beach for a complete guide to the beach, and when you’re ready to book your spring getaway, explore the available hotel deals for your next Myrtle Beach vacay!
1 | Spend Time Outside in Mild April Weather
It’s hard to beat Myrtle Beach weather in April. The brilliant blue skies and warm sunshine put everyone in a good mood, and the 70s and low 80s are ideal temperatures for outdoor activities. Take advantage of the weather and spend time walking and lounging on the beach, golfing on the pristine greens, exploring the area parks, or shopping in one of the many outdoor complexes. The water temperature is typically in the 60s, which is a little chilly for most adults, but we see kids diving into the Atlantic in April all the time!
2 | Enjoy The Best Hotel Amenities
Bring the kids to Myrtle Beach in April and stay at a hotel with an indoor waterpark so your little ones can splash and swim even on cooler spring days. Or, explore some of the top kid-friendly resorts to enjoy awesome amenities like an on-site bowling alley and arcade—and cash in on spring deals for your stay.
Myrtle Beach hotels work hard to lure visitors to the beach in April, so before the summer crowds arrive, you can find deep discounts compared to summer rack rates and still enjoy all the great water features and amenities offered in the warmer April weather in Myrtle Beach. Watch for incentives from hotels such as discounted tickets to attractions, and look for coupons to save on all your favorite things to do in Myrtle Beach.
3 | Celebrate Easter in Myrtle Beach
Head to Myrtle Beach for Easter this April to celebrate in the Grand Strand. This is a popular destination for Easter break and you’ll see why—there are tons of egg hunts, kids’ activities, and worship services to attend. Watch our events calendar and check out these things to do while spending Easter in Myrtle Beach:
- April 1: Thompson Farm is having a helicopter egg drop and activities from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- April 1: Barefoot Bunny Hop at Barefoot Landing starts at 11:00 a.m. at Dockside Village and features a kids’ dance party and more.
- April 6: Bring a flashlight to this evening egg hunt that begins at 7:45 p.m. in nearby Conway.
- April 8: Have breakfast with the Easter bunny at Ripley’s Aquarium during a ticketed event from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- April 8: The egg hunt at McLean Park in North Myrtle Beach begins at 10:00 a.m. sharp and also includes an Easter bunny meet-and-greet.
- April 8: An egg hunt and children’s fair starts at 1:00 p.m. at the Huckabee Complex in Surfside Beach.
April 9: Join in an Easter egg dash at 2:00 p.m. at LuLu’s to hunt the beach for eggs and discover special prizes, plus the Easter bunny will be posing for photos from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
4 | Visit Area Attractions
Since April marks the start of an uptick of tourists in Myrtle Beach, all of the seasonal establishments will open back up again. Visit all the best summertime attractions and entertainment venues in April and enjoy shorter lines and thinner crowds. Here are some of our favorite things to do in April around Myrtle Beach:
- Brookgreen Gardens: April is the perfect time to see the beautiful spring blooms at this hidden gem just south of Myrtle Beach. In addition to the lush gardens with seasonal treasures, you’ll find a myriad of sculptures and the area’s only accredited zoo.
- Alligator Adventure: This is an outdoor nature experience at Barefoot Landing in North Myrtle Beach; get an up-close-and-personal look at many exotic reptiles and critters.
Broadway at the Beach: The weather in April is just right for browsing this shopping, dining, and entertainment complex in Myrtle Beach to find a new look for spring or enjoy a great meal or a night out.
5 | Attend Spring Events
Easter events aren’t the only things happening in Myrtle Beach in April. Head to the Grand Strand to join thousands of shaggers from all over for tea parties, shag dancing, live music, and mingling with friends at the Society of Stranders Spring Safari in North Myrtle Beach. Or, indulge in endless dining at the Food Truck Festival that hits Burroughs & Chapin Pavilion Place, a favorite April event of locals and tourists. Art-in-Common at the Market Common happens every spring, too: Browse the paintings, woodworking, pottery, and other media by many talented Myrtle Beach artists and get yourself a fabulous souvenir.
Looking for more things to do in Myrtle Beach this April? There are tons of things to do when it rains or shines. Take advantage of all the exciting attractions, most of which are open in April, and enjoy outdoor dining, golfing, and all the great things Myrtle Beach is known for.