Free Summer Concerts in Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach is home to great outdoor concerts all summer long and the best part is, they’re free. It’s the perfect way to spend your evenings while visiting or just for a fun night out on the town. Here’s a quick look at who you can expect to see perform live along the Grand Strand through the summer.
Myrtle Beach Boardwalk Entertainment District
Free concerts will be held each Monday-Saturday night from June 12 to September 4 on the I Love Sugar Stage in Plyler Park near the Myrtle Beach Skywheel. Genres will run the gamut, including rock, country, jazz, pop, reggae and more.
North Myrtle Beach
The North Myrtle Beach Sounds of Summer Concert Series will be held at the North Myrtle Beach Park and Sports Complex. Families are encouraged to bring their beach chairs and blankets. Food and drinks will be for sale. Concerts are free and will be held from 7-9 p.m. The North Myrtle Beach Park and Sports Complex is located just off Robert Edge Parkway in North Myrtle Beach.
- Friday, May 18 – Heart Breaker (Heart Tribute)
- Friday, June 15 – The Paul Grimshaw Band (Classic & Roots Rock)
- Friday, July 20 – Oracle Blue Band (Jazz/Funk/Pop)
- Friday, August 17- Rocketman (Elton John Tribute)
- Friday, September 21 – Bullfrog Band (Classic/Modern Rock)
The Music on Main Concert series will be held from 7-9 p.m. Thursdays on Main Street in North Myrtle Beach. Bring a beach chair! Concerts are held at the Horseshoe at 11 S. Ocean Blvd.
- May 17 – Catalinas (Beach)
- May 24 – N’Tranze (Funk/Dance/Party)
- May 31 – Fantastic Shakers (Beach)
- June 7 – JB’s Jam n Jazz Band (Motown/Dance/Variety)
- June 14 – Envision (Beach/Motown)
- June 21 – Gary Lowder & Smokin’ Hot (Beach/Variety)
- June 28 – Entertainers (Beach)
- July 5 – Black Glass (70s-80s Arena Rock)
- July 12 – Hip Pocket (Variety)
- July 19 – Tru Sol (Dance/Party/Variety)
- July 26 – Too Much Sylvia (Variety)
- August 2 – Band on Fire (Dance/ Rock/Retro)
- August 9 – Silk Groove (Motown/Beach)
- August 16 – Painted Man (R & B / Variety)
- August 23 – Blackwater Rhythm & Blues (Beach/Blues)
- August 30 – Tim Clark Band (Variety)
- September 6 – Holiday Band (Beach/Variety)
- September 13 – Chocolate Chip & Company (Motown/Top 40)
- September 20 – The Embers (Beach)
- September 27 – Brickhouse Band (Retro/Disco/Dance)
The Boathouse Waterway Bar & Grill
The Boathouse in Myrtle Beach hosts a Sunday Funday each week with a new band during their free Summer Concert Series. The event brings in some of the biggest names in the industry. Bring your blanket or pull up your boat to watch from the water. The Boathouse is located at 201 Fantasy Harbour Blvd. in Myrtle Beach.
- 4/1 – Jimmie’s Chicken Shack
- 4/8 – Fortunate Youth
- 4/15 – Sir Mix A Lot
- 4/22 – Cold Ford
- 4/29 – Perpetual Groove
- 5/6 – Blessid Union of Souls
- 5/13 – The Lacs
- 5/20 – Cadillac Three
- 5/27 – Jake Miller
- 6/3 – Whiskey Myers
- 6/10 – Dangermuffin
- 6/17 – Abbey Road Live
- 6/24 – Badfish
- 7/1 – Black Stone Cherry
- 7/8 – Sunny Ledford
- 7/15 – Passafire
- 7/22 – Jupiter Coyote
- 7/29 – Max 8/5 – Jerryfest
- 8/12 – The Fixx
- 8/19 – Shwayze
- 8/26 – Jon Langston
- 9/2 – The Movement
Murrells Inlet MarshWalk
Live music is held year-round at the Murrells Inlet MarshWalk, however, this attraction is especially happening during the summer season. Enjoy free live music each night throughout the summer at indoor and outdoor venues along the MarshWalk.
Find a complete list of live entertainment for each restaurant here .
Concerts on the Green
Concerts on the Green has returned to Valor Park in The Market Common for this summer season! These free concerts take place every third Thursday from 7-10 p.m. throughout the summer. Check out the lineup:
•6/21 -The Tim Clark Band
•7/19 – Kid Rock Tribute Band, Cowboy
•8/16 – Jimmy Buffet Tribute Show, A1A
For more events and things to do in Myrtle Beach, visit our Events page.