New Things Coming to Myrtle Beach in 2016
The new year is upon us and Myrtle Beach is looking forward to 2016 as a successful year of growth, and, of course, fun! So many new places opened throughout 2015, but Myrtle Beach will still be seeing new attractions, shops, restaurants, and events this upcoming year. Check out this list of new things coming to the Grand Strand in 2016:
2016 will bring some new attractions to the area, some which are known, and some which are unknown as of yet. From what we know now, we can expect to see the following attractions this coming year:
- Broadway at the Beach isn't a new attraction, but its landscape is rapidly changing with rumors of Hard Rock Cafe's pyramid being torn down, bars closing, places moving around, and Planet Hollywood being demolished. 2016 is sure to present new restaurants, bars, and attractions at Broadway at the Beach, but it is a little hush-hush as of right now. There have been rumors, however, of a Dave & Busters appearing soon.
- A Merchant Marine monument will be added to Warbird Park in The Market Common.
- An indoor trampoline park called High Flyer is set to open in the Sports Mall on Geroge Bishop Parkway in February.
- The Ripken Experience is bringing a new attraction to their facility this summer. The baseball-centered complex will welcome the 2016 Jennie Finch Tournament Series which will feature two weeks of fast-pitched softball.
- While there hasn't been any news about this new bowling alley recently, it had been stated earlier in the year that a new bowling center will open in part of the Grand Strand Vendor Mall in 2016.
- Ocean Lakes Campground has started construction to build an on-site waterpark, which is set to be complete by Spring 2016 for guests to enjoy.
- Fun Warehouse is planning on adding a multi-level go-kart track and miniature golf course to their facility during 2016.
2015 was a successful year for events in Myrtle Beach, and while some events will be returning to the area again during the new year, there will be some new events, too!
- California Roots: The Carolina Sessions is a reggae festival that was supposed to take place back in October, but was rained out. The new date has been set for April 9, 2016, and fans can come out and enjoy bands like 311, SOJA, and more!
- Legends in Concert will be hosting Menopause the Musical from January 20-24, 2016.
- Myrtle Beach will host the first ever Myrtle Beach Highland Games & Heritage Festival on March 19, 2016 at The Market Common.
- Though the Myrtle Beach Marathon is not new, the date has been moved to March 3-5, 2016.
- Military Appreciation Day isn't new either, but the event will be moved back to Memorial Day Weekend for 2016.
Myrtle Beach is home to so many fantastic restaurants, and, with so many foodies in the area, it isn't surprising that there are new restaurants coming to the Grand Strand for 2016.
- Popeyes will be opening its first location in Myrtle Beach.
- Panera Bread will also open its first location in Myrtle Beach.
- A New England-style seafood house, The Claw House, will open along the MarshWalk in 2016.
- Fresh Greens will open in University Commons in Conway in 2016.
- The Market Common will welcome The Brass Tap during the new year.
- Mission Barbecue will find a home at the Coastal North Town Center in 2016.
- There are also plans for Tilted Kilt to re-open between Mellow Mushroom and LaQuinta across the street from Broadway at the Beach.
- The Culinary Institute of Myrtle Beach will be opening a new restaurant near The Market Common which will feature 100 tables and local cuisine with an international touch. This restaurant should be open by summer 2016.
There are tons of great places to shop along the Grand Strand, and 2016 will bring even more stores to the area.
- World of Beer, Aspen Dental, and Mattress Firm will open at the Coastal North Town Center.
- Two new Publix stores will open in 2016; one in Carolina Forest and another planned to open in the Grande Dunes community.