Deals & Discounts
Great Deals! The 10 Best Ways to Save Money in Myrtle Beach
When you’re visiting the beach, it’s always great when you find ways to save your hard earned money! We’ve come up with the top ways to save big on your next Myrtle Beach vacation on anything from dining to nights out on the town. Let’s face it; these days we can all use a little extra cash in our pockets. While we came up with some of these on our own, we also asked MyrtleBeach.com’s Facebook Fan Page for some amazing suggestions from folks who come year after year.
When you come to Myrtle Beach, you will find coupon books everywhere. Almost every grocery store offers a variety of coupon pamphlets that are full of lots and lots of ways to save money. For those of you who want to start clipping coupons for the places you want to visit before you arrive to the Grand Strand, there are awesome resources such as our fabulous coupons page available online for your convenience.
Coupon/discount sources available include:
- MyrtleBeach.com Coupons: Our coupons page has well over 100 great coupon deals to some of the best attractions, restaurants, and shows in the area. You will find some coupons here that you probably won't find anywhere else.
- Sunny Day Guide: For over 40 years, this free guide has been providing coupons for Myrtle Beach vacationers. On to of coupons, Sunny Day Guide also has articles on fishing, tips on where to stay, and more.
- Monster Coupon Book: This coupon source has 140+ coupons for shopping, attractions, golf, and more!
- Myrtle Beach Bucks/Myrtle Beach Guide: These related publications provide visitors and locals with a wide array of discounts, coupons, and information. Both also offer mobile coupon apps for your phone.
- Banner Book: Yet another coupon book filled with awesome deals and tons of Myrtle Beach savings.
Along with coupons, discount cards are also quite popular in the Myrtle Beach area. There are many to choose from, but all provide fantastic savings and deals for restaurants, theaters, attractions, nightlife, golf, hotels, and much, much more.
- VMB Card:The Vacation Member Benefits (VMB) Card is exclusive to visitors of any VacationMyrtleBeach.com Resort. This card provides plenty of great savings that will help you have the best vacation ever and save money at the same time.
- MyGolf Membership Club: If you're an avid golfer, then this card is a great option. Not only does this card offer great deals on tee times, but it also provides discounts for restaurants, hotels, and more. Oh, and being a member also allows you to get your discount for you and three friends. That's pretty awesome.
- Myrtle Maniac VIP Club Card: This club card is perfect for college-aged people who enjoy the nightlife scene. Myrtle Maniac VIP Club Card offers discounts on admission, cover charges, concerts, food, and more.
- The Ultimate Myrtle Beach Discount Card: The name says it all. Each year, Myrtle Beach Promotions charges $20 dollars for this awesome discount card which offers access to over 300 businesses along the Grand Strand.
We know that vacationing in Myrtle Beach can be quite pricey; especially the hotel costs. That's why we've put together this wonderful page of hotel deals. Find yourself a great hotel deal today!
Also, consider planning a vacation with a group of friends. That way, you can split the costs.
Many Myrtle Beach hotels have relationships with different attractions in the area and may be able to offer discounts. We suggest asking your hotel's friendly front desk staff for details.
Pick a Room with a Kitchen
Choosing a hotel room with a fully-equipped kitchen (or at least a microwave and refrigerator) can help you save some cash. Instead of eating at restaurants every day during your vacation, why not stock up on some groceries and prepare a meal in your room? Instead of going through the drive-thru for lunch, try packing a cooler with sandwiches and snacks. This will save you time, and it will also leave you with more money to spend on attractions and fun things to do around town. Treat yourself to a dinner at one of our many delicious restaurants at least once or twice though. It is vacation, afterall.
Ah, the smell of campfire, the crackling of leaves and twigs under your feet, and the South Carolina breeze weaving in and out of your hair are all great things to experience on your vacation. Though camping may not be the top choice for all vacationers, consider giving it a try. There are many fantastic campgrounds along the Grand Strand, and pitching a tent or staying in an RV costs a lot less than a hotel room. Plus, it is a great way to bond with your family!
Budgeting & Gift Cards
Step one to saving money on your vacation is planning out a daily budget. Some people also purchase gift cards throughout the year for their favorite places in Myrtle Beach, so when it is time to foot the bill at an attraction or restaurant, the damage won't seem so terrible.
Early Bird Specials
Though sometimes you may not be hungry earlier in the evening, on those days when you find your belly growling after a day at the beach, try checking out restaurants for early bird specials. Oftentimes, you may find that you can save as much as 50% on your meal. Going to a happy hour is a great option, too; especially if you're in the mood for a delicious maragarita.
Stay During the Off-Season
Though staying in Myrtle Beach during the summer is extremely popular, visiting during the off-season is a wonderful option for many vacationers. Whether you just want to take a break from work, visit friends, or escape cold weather, coming to Myrtle Beach during the off-season may also help you save some money. Not only do hotels lower their rates during this time of year, but restaurants, shows, and attractions may lower their prices as well.
Play in the Afternoon
Sure it's nice to get your day started early in Myrtle Beach, but sometimes it is beneficial to arrive at attractions later in the day. Many fun spots such as waterparks and miniature golf courses offer afternoon rates that worth waiting for.
Go to the Beach!
Myrtle Beach's number one attraction is the beach. And–guess what–it's free! If you do nothing else but go to the beach during your vacation, you are bound to leave with a great amount of spending money still in your pocket. Sounds like an awesome plan!