Myrtle Beach Airport welcomes new low-cost airline
Frontier Airlines will be the 10th airline to serve flyers through the Myrtle Beach International Airport, the airport announced at a news conference today.
The airline will offer non-stop flights to Denver, Trenton, N.J, and Long Island, N.Y. Flights will start at an introductory rate of $39 for one way and are available now at FlyFrontier.com.
Frontier’s new flights will begin in May with service to and from Denver on Wednesdays and Saturdays starting May 23; service to and from Islip/Long Island on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays starting May 20; and service to and from Trenton, N.J., on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays starting May 21.
The Myrtle Beach airport, which served over 1 million passengers in 2017, had previously announced new 2018 flights with Elite Airways, Spirit Airlines, Sun Country Airlines and American Airlines.
Previously announced flights include:
• Elite Airways to and from the Myrtle Beach International Airport and Albany, N.Y. starting April 5 on Thursdays and Sundays.
• Elite Airways to and from White Plains starting April 5 on Thursdays and Sundays.
• Elite Airways to and from Newport News, Va., starting April 6 on Fridays and Mondays.
• Spirit Airlines to and from the Myrtle Beach International Airport and Minneapolis- St. Paul. The nonstop flights will start taking off on April 12, 2018. These flights will operate three times a week.
• Sun Country Airlines to and from Myrtle Beach and Minneapolis. These will take place on Mondays and Fridays between April 6 and June 4, 2018.
• American Airlines to and from Myrtle Beach and the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport. These flights will start on April 7 and will run each Saturday, taking off from MYR at 3:15 p.m.
•Spirit Airlines to and from MYR and Dallas/Fort Worth. The flights will begin on April 12, 2018, and will run on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays.