Cherry Grove, S.C.
Cherry Grove is one of the four beaches that make up the city of North Myrtle Beach.
Accessible only by Sea Mountain Highway and Ocean Drive, this small but thriving community includes hotels, seafood restaurants and small mom-and-pop shops for a peaceful vacation town.
Cherry Grove Pier serves as the centerpiece of the neighborhood and boasts several state and national fishing records, including the world's largest tiger shark to be caught on rod and reel at 1,780 pounds and nearly 16 feet.
Cherry Grove is serviced by the North Myrtle Beach Police Department and the North Myrtle Beach Fire & Rescue unit.
About the area
- Population: Measured as part of 13,752 residents of North Myrtle Beach
- Average home price: $138,900 (includes houses and condo units for all NMB)
- Government Information: City of North Myrtle Beach, 1018 2nd Avenue South, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582
- Contact: (843) 280-5555 or www.nmb.ushttp://www.nmb.us
- Schools in area: Public - North Myrtle Beach Primary (Excellent), North Myrtle Beach Elementary (Excellent), North Myrtle Beach Intermediate (Good) North, Myrtle Beach Middle (Excellent), North Myrtle Beach High (Excellent). Private - North Myrtle Beach Christian Academy (K-12).
Taking a closer look at one of the most popular communities in the Myrtle Beach area:
Cherry Grove Inlet
Cherry Grove Inlet, is lined with rows of beach and channel homes that offer easy access to the beach, Cherry Grove Pier and fishing from the back patio deck.
Areas such as Inlet Point Villas offer a variety of condos and vacation rentals in one, two and three bedroom layouts with oceanfront views.
Anglers make up a large portion of permanent residents and visitors who choose Cherry Grove for its abundance of fishing opportunities.